Cheddar, Leek & Sweetcorn Pin Wheels
- 250g Leeks
- 250g Sweetcorn
- 125g Grated Cheese
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 6 Sheets Filo Pastry
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 25g Melted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6. Finely slice the leeks, wash well & drain. Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan & add the leeks, cook gently until softened & no moisture remains.
- Stir in the Sweetcorn, grated cheese & cream cheese then season well with salt & pepper, allow the mixture to cool.
- Lay out a sheet of filo pastry & place 1/6 of the mixture along the bottom edge of the pastry, brush the top edge of the pastry with the melted butter & fold in the edges.
- Very carefully roll the pastry into a long cigar shaped roll then coil into a pin wheel shape.
- Transfer the pin wheel to a baking tray & continue to make the other 5, brush the pinwheels with melted butter & bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown & crisp.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes before transferring to a serving plate.