- 1kg Organic Beetroot – Peeled and Diced
- 2 Organic Onions – Diced
- 6 Organic Apples – Diced
- 1cm Piece Fresh Ginger – Finely Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic – Finely Diced
- 2tsp Ground Coriander
- 1tsp Ground Mixed Spice
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 500g Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 500ml Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- Fry the Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Dried Spices in a little oil until the onions are softened.
- Add the Beetroot and Apple and cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the Sugar and Red Wine Vinegar.
- Stir occasionally and allow the mixture to simmer for 1½ hours or until there is no liquid left in the pan.
- Place into a sterilised Kilner jar while hot, fasten the lid and allow to cool.