Winter Vegetable & Spelt Grain Broth
Serve 6-8 People
- 2 Carrots – Diced
- ½ Swede – Diced
- ½ Celeriac – Diced
- 1 Parsnip – Diced
- 1 Onion – Diced
- 1 Cup Spelt Grain
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tsp Dried Sage
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Litres Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 Tsp Cornflour in a little water
- Soak the Spelt Grain in a pan of cold water for a minimum of 4 hours, overnight is preferable.
- Heat a pan with a little Olive Oil, add all of the vegetables and allow to cook for 5 minutes stirring often so the vegetables do not brown.
- Add the Spelt Grain, Vegetable Bouillion, Bay Leaves, Sage, and Thyme. Allow to simmer for 30 Minutes.
- Skim off any oil that has risen to the surface, add the Cornflour, turn up the heat allow the broth to thicken a little.