- 2 Butternut Squash – Peeled and Deseeded
- 75g Hazelnuts
- 12 Sage Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 220c/Gas Mark 6.
- Dice the Butternut Squash into 2cm cubes, place into a lined roasting tray, drizzle with Olive Oil and put into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Move the Butternut gently after 20 minutes to allow to colour on all sides.
- In a separate tray, place the Hazelnuts and put into the oven for 8-10 minutes until the skins begin to blister. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Once the Hazelnuts have become warm enough to handle, place them into a clean Tea-Towel. Fold over the towel and rub vigorously to remove most of the skins
- Place skinless Hazelnuts into a bag and crack gently with a rolling pin
- Once the Butternut has cooked, take out of the oven and season to taste. Sprinkle the Hazelnuts over the Roasted Butternut
- To shred the Sage, place 4 leaves on top of each other and roll them up tightly. Finely chop along the Sage and repeat with the rest of the Sage
- Sprinkle the Sage over the Roasted Butternut and Hazelnuts and serve while still warm